A large selection of antique harps is currently available at Clive Morley Harps
a member of a family business with nearly 200 years’ experience of
serving harpists, Clive Morley has used his knowledge and expertise to
bring this collection of antique harps together.
harps originate between 1784 and 1920. Instruments of this age are
becoming harder to find and harpists are often surprised that they are
available for purchase as high quality, playable harps, rather than just
museum exhibits. The majority have been fully restored or conserved to
bring them to recital playing standard. Some are awaiting restoration
according to the purchaser’s wishes.
would strongly encourage any harpist to arrange a visit to our
showrooms to try these wonderful harps. For more information about any
of our antique harps please contact Clive Morley on (44) 01367 860 493
or email email@example.com.
Barry Hook Harp c. 1796
harp has been restored suitable for performance. The harp features
Chinoiserie and gold decoration with elaborate scroll work.
Meek Barry married Ann Suzanna Buchinger whose father Joseph was
instrument maker to the Duke of Clarence. He had shops in Frith Street
and the Strand in London and was very active in the music world and had
connections to Royalty. This harp was made around the time of harp
makers Cousineau and Naderman, or Marie Antoinette and the Royal Courts
in Paris and Russia.
Naderman Hook Harp c. 1770 – 1780
The Naderman harp features fine scroll head carving, with an original decorated soundboard.
This harp is to be restored according to customer’s wishes.
Joseph Naderman (1781 -1835, in Paris), was a classical harpist,
teacher and composer, the eldest son of the well-known eighteenth
century harpmaker Jean Henri Naderman. A student of Jean-Baptiste
Krumpholtz, François Joseph Naderman became a famous musician after the
French Revolution, and his reputation continued under the Consulate, the
First Empire and the Restoration of the monarchy. In 1815 he was
appointed harpist for the Royal Chapel and court composer to the king,
and in 1825 he became the first harp professor at the Conservatoire de
Paris. He soon began touring around Europe as a virtuoso of the harp. He
was a music publisher and a manufacturer of harps in Paris at "The
Golden Key”, on Rue de la Loi.
Price on application.
Early Erard Single Action Harp
A very fine example of a single action pedal harp by Erard Freres, Rue Maille No 37 1786 -1791.
features a ram’s head decoration with fourchettes interior discs. This
harp is similar to the harp at Palais Lascaris, Nice, France, which is
identified as Erard Harp no 1 and to the Erard Freres Harp in the Cite
To be restored according to customer’s wishes.
Price on application.
Erat Single Action Pedal Harp No. 1531
harp was made between 1800 and 1820. It has been fully regilded and
restored. The harp is playable to recital standard with light stringing.
Erat was foreman to Sebastian Erard in the late 1790s. He set up
business on his own in the 1800s and listed his first patent for double
action in 1813.