Harps & Dulcimers
Harp and Dulcimer Hire
Hiring an instrument is the easiest and safest way to begin playing the harp or hammered dulcimer.
It enables you to discover the pleasures of playing with the minimum financial outlay – and can provide a cost effective route to playing larger pedal harps as you progress.
For many parents, rental can reduce the risk of directly purchasing an instrument when they are unsure their children will take to the harp or dulcimer.
At Clive Morley Harps, we rent brand new instruments that are available in stock at our showrooms. This means that there are no lengthy waiting lists to join and that you will not receive an old harp that has already been used by several people.
Minimum rental period is 12 months to rent a brand new harp or dulcimer. In addition to this we offer a limited availability short term rental scheme for 3 months. See below for this option.
It can sometimes be possible to rent an older harp, or a student pedal harp, for a shorter period. Please contact us to discuss this option.
How to Hire Your Harp or Hammered Dulcimer
To make an enquiry about hiring an instrument, you need only to visit the appropriate product page in our online shop and follow the hire link (appears only if rental is available for the instrument). You will then be taken to an online hire form where you can enter all the relevant details of your rental enquiry and send it to us. Alternatively, you may contact us by phone, email or general enquiry form.
Once we have confirmed that we can meet your requirements, you will just need to complete our rental agreement form. We will then be able to deliver your instrument to you.
N.B: Harp and hammered dulcimer rental is only available to customers in England, Scotland and Wales. Please contact us directly for rentals in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
Buying Your Hired Harp or Hammered Dulcimer
If, between three and twenty-four months (lever harp) or six and twelve months (pedal harp) after the start of your agreement, you are ready to move to the next level and purchase your hired harp, then we may (at our option) credit a portion of the rental fees already paid to the cost of the instrument.
- At the end of the first three months’ rental period we would offer a credit of three rental payments.
- At the end of the first year, we would offer eight months’ rental payments.
- At the end of the second year, we would offer twelve months’ rental payments.
After which, no further increase in credits will be available.
- At the end of six months and at the end of twelve months, we would offer 25% of rental payments already made.
A note about the part exchange available on our loyalty programme.
- At the end of twelve months, we would offer a credit of six months’ rental payments.
Short Term Harp Rental
We understand that committing to renting for a whole year can be daunting for parents who are not sure whether their child will take to the harp. Therefore, due to popular demand, we now have a small stock of the Dusty Strings Ravenna 26 and Ravenna 34 lever harps that can be rented for a minimum period of 3 months (waiting lists may apply).
Once a customer has rented the harp for 3 months, they have the following options:
1. Stop renting the harp and return it to Morley Harps (customers are responsible for the cost of returning the harp at the end of the rental period).
2. Purchase a new harp using their hire credits:
First month rental: £105
Subsequent monthly rental: £35
Total cost for 3 months: £175
Credit towards the purchase of a new harp: £105
First month rental: £180
Subsequent monthly rental: £60
Total cost for 3 months: £300
Credit towards the purchase of a new harp: £180
3. Continue renting the harp for the same monthly rental price on a rolling month by month contract. Customers will continue to build up credits towards a new harp, either the same model or a larger / more expensive harp (i.e. they can not purchase the harp they are renting) ; with the following credits:
• At the end of 1st year, 8 months rental payments.
• End of 2nd year, 12 months rental payments.
• After which, no further increase in credits will be available.
One Off Harp Rental
It may be possible to hire a harp for a short tour, festival, concert, or for theatre and media purposes. Harps available for one off rental are normally older, second hand or ex-rental instruments, as new harps have a minimum rental period of twelve months.
If you are interested in hiring a harp for a particular event, please contact us.